12 May 2012

Cupcake Decorating Class


Last Sunday (6th May) I went on a cupcake decorating class at 3D Cakes in Edinburgh with Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes and Janice from Farmersgirl Kitchen.

I attended a cupcake class last year at my local high school and was very disappointed but knowing the reputation of 3D Cakes I knew this would be completely different.

Even though I can knock up a batch of cupcakes fairly quickly I am never particularly adventurous with my decorating and normally just stick to a swirl of frosting on the top and occasionally will add a bought decoration or some sweets.

We were shown how to make roses, gerbera and butterflies out of flower paste which I had never used before. I was quite pleased with the end effect and have bought the cutters so that I can try it again at home.

It was then onto more familiar territory – fondant icing. We made hearts (which turned upside down looked rather rude), presents, roses and ladybirds. This was Mini Me’s favourite from the day (I think it was the rather cute smiley faces) and I can predict many a request from her to make more.

A very fun day which I would highly recommend.





















2 comments:

  1. It was a fun day. Bought some of the cutters too, haven't gotten around to using them yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh your rose looks fabulous. I haven't got any cutters yet, but am hoping to try some of the fondant thingies. It was a great day, quite intense but we did learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete