3 June 2012

Banoffee Fudge Loaf




I know it wasn't too long ago that I posted a recipe on this blog for Banana and Fudge Muffins but I then came across this recipe in Tesco so I thought I would give it a go. As I ate all of the muffins myself I decided to watch my waistline (briefly) and gave this loaf away to Mini Me's grandparents. The did enjoy it however their one criticism being that they couldn't really taste any fudge so I have doubled the quantity in this recipe.



Banoffee Fudge Loaf
(Makes 2lb loaf)

Ingredients:

150g Salted Butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
300g Plain Flour
175g Light Muscovado Sugar
2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
150ml Semi-skimmed Milk
3 medium Ripe Bananas, mashed
150g Vanilla Fudge, cut into small cubes

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease loaf tin.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating all the time.
  3. Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda, then gradually add the milk, until smooth.
  4. Fold the mashed bananas into the mixture with the chopped fudge. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and smooth the top with a spatula.
  5. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful loaf! fantastic flavors
    mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! This looks amazing and sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banoffie is always superb, so I guess your recipe also is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, would love to try it out, good thing is have all the ingredients you shared here at home but bad thing is wife is not in a good mood. Need to ask her when she would be in good mood :D

    ReplyDelete