19 September 2012

Cupcake Cookies







I have a major cupcake obsession and will buy almost anything with a cupcake design on it. My obsession is that bad that I even have a cupcake tattoo on my wrist. So you can imagine my delight when I opened up a recent copy of  Cake Decorating Magazine to find a cupcake cookie cutter.

As my Jane Asher cake book was still lying about from making the Ice Cream & Jelly Cake I decided to use her Vanilla Cookie Dough recipe. 


Ingredients:
280g Plain Flour
200g Firm Butter
100g Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
1 tsp Vanilla Extract / Essence

Directions:


  1. Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas mark 6. Gease two baking trays or line with baking parchment. 
  2. Put the flour in a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
  3. Add the sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract / essences and mix to a dough.
  4. Put in a plastic bag and chill for at least 30 minutes.
  5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out as required. 
  6. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Leave to coll and harden on a wire rack.

3 comments:

  1. They are really fab! Wish I had your patience when it comes to icing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look gorgeous! I really want to try piping decorations onto biscuits but am really not creative at all! Yours look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete